RE: I have managed to pickle my RAID 1 install after a disk crash

Although it's not any help now, when/if you do get back to the right config,
I would use lilo. I tried many times to get grub to work on a RAID 1 config
the same as yours (i.e. with /boot mirrored as well) but could not get it to
boot from only one disk. Lilo did it no problem though.

Jonathan

-