RE: raid5 won't resync

Hi,

I had a similar problem on my box a couple of weeks ago. I have a dual-AMD 1.3GHz system, with two SIIG UltraATA 133 PCI IDE cards, eight hard drives, forming 2 RAID-5 arrays. Each array consists of four drives of one card. With just one raid active the machine would run fine, but with two it would lock on startup. In the end it turned out it was in interrupt race on the APIC chip, by disabling APIC (kernel parameter noapic) the machine was able to boot and resync the arrays. Might this help in your situation?

--
-Mike Fowler
"I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I,