RE: Raid5 Construction Question

>From what I have read on this list, raidtools is no longer supported.
This includes raidstart, raidstop, raidhotadd and raidhotremove, maybe more.

mdadm is the preferred tool to maintain your arrays.

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Baynton
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 1:18 AM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Raid5 Construction Question

Paul Nowoczynski wrote:

 > Neil,
 > Thanks for the info - I tried something along these lines
 > but didn't know how to set the faulty disk.  I didn't see it in
 > a man page

How bout that. Does somebody know if there is ANY man page detailing all
of those little raidtools utilities? How are man pages maintained,
anyway? Even though you can #raid\tab\tab it seems like they should at
least be mentioned by name in the man pages somewhere, mkraid maybe. Or
am i just missing it?

though I should have caught it with raid\tab\tab :)

 > Ironically, the performance did end up hovering around 30MB/sec
 > for most of the rebuild.
 >
 > Thanks.
 > Pul

-