Re: Linux tuning whitepaper now available from 3ware

I'll give you credit - I took the bait and gave you a little personal information to see what was in there.

I didn't see a single thing in there that looked like marketing or
sales, it was all very solid technical information covering the basics
of disk benchmarking. These days, that's a happy surprise.

I'll probably end up using it double-check my work the next time I build
a system, so in that sense, I'll find it useful.

Thanks for putting it together - as long as I don't get any spam from it
this is a nice contribution :-)

-Mike

David Graas wrote:
Hello everyone, I noticed that some people might be experiencing low performance on Linux platforms with our controllers and wanted to let you know about a tuning whitepaper we recently released. I have posted the link to it below. It has helpful information on configuring Linux for optimal performance. It does require a brief registration to download the file but this is only for our internal use and will not be used for SPAM or released to third parties. Let me know if you have any questions I can help with. Regards,

http://www.3ware.com/linuxbenchmarks.htm

David Graas Corporate Sales Manager 3ware - an AMCC company