RE: Forcing raid1 resync

Spelling/typo error....

>From what I understand...
If the arrays don't share physical disks, they can re-sync at the same time.
Maybe some throttling system is limiting it to just 5 at a time.  Maybe CPU
load?  I don't know if md does things based on how busy the CPU is.  Is your
CPU maxed out?

These are related to throttling:
/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max
/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

Do "man md" for more info.

The speed limits are per device, not per array.
Make sure the max is large enough the permit your disks to go as fast as
they can.  I use 100000 (100,000K bytes/second).  My disks are not that
fast, and having too large of a number does not hurt.
At least as a test, set the min to the same value as max.

I use these commands when I want to change by hand:
cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max
cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

echo 100000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max
echo 1000 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

Guy