Re: Kernel panic, FS corruption Was: Re: Call for RAID-6 users

Jim Paris wrote:

No, I did see the same corruption with XFS; it just took more work before it would show up (ie. I couldn't get it to show up by simply copying one huge file; I had to untar a full filesystem onto it). So I would suspect the odd access patterns. I could also run a test with EXT2/3 if you'd like. I didn't manage to trigger the corruption directly on the md device, but my access pattern was quite simple in that case (dd big blocks to different areas).

If you can reproduce it with ext2/3 it would make debugging simpler, because I understand the ext code and data structures a lot better.

Thanks for that data element; it pretty much confirms my suspicions.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with the scripts I sent earlier?
If not, I can give you access to a machine that can.

I hate to admit it, but I haven't had a chance to try yet.

	-hpa
-