Re: Half of RAID1 array missing on 2.6.7-rc3

Luca> how are you using device mapper?

To setup some volume groups on top of an MD array of two mirrored
disks.  I think.  All I know currently is that it's required by LVM2
to have it setup and around.  I have /dev/mapper/data_vg-*_lv and some
other devices currently.  All I really want are the LVM2 devices to be
covered.  And since those devices are built on top of /dev/md0 (for
now, might add more later), I don't need other devices looked at.
Period.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Luca> recent versions of lvm2 ignore md components by default or you
Luca> can specify a filter in the configuration file.

Which file is that?  There's nothing in /etc/dm/... that I can see.
There's some stuff in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf, but I haven't touched that at
all.

Basically, I don't want Device Mapper to scan and take over all my
disks.  From my dmesg file, I see a bunch of these on startup now:

    device-mapper: error adding target to table
    device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

    device-mapper: error adding target to table
    device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

    device-mapper: error adding target to table
    device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

    device-mapper: error adding target to table
    device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

    device-mapper: error adding target to table
    device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

And I don't know where they are coming from.

-