Re: High System Load

Even without DMA there should only ever be one kernel thread issuing instructions, resulting in a load of 1, which is all I've ever seen.

DMA vs. PIO modes will just result in a lower resync throughput, which you can watch with something like (you can even try using hdparm to change modes while the resync is happening to see the effect if you're brave):

#!/bin/tcsh
while 1
  cat /proc/mdstat
  sleep 1
  clear
end

There's got to be something else happening on the machine...

-Mike

Kanoa Withington wrote:
There is a lot of activity after you first create a mirror but the CPU
load should not be that high. Maybe you don't have DMA turned on?
Check using "hdparm".

-Kanoa