Re: Adding a new mirror disk to RAID1 configuration

no, no no :)

Install the second disk (hdc)
build it as md1 RAID1 with a 'missing' disk this time
copy the data over from md0
get rid of md0
add the first disk as the missing disk
it will sync

don't do it again

David

Luke Reeves wrote:

I've looked into raidreconf, but apparently it can only do operations on RAID levels 0 and 5.

    Luke

Guy wrote:

My guess is you configured the RAID1 array as having 1 disk. Now if you add
more disks to it, they are spares. You should have configured the array as
having 2 disks, with 1 missing. Then when you add a disk, it will re-build
to it.

Read about raidreconf. Google it, if needed! It may allow you to modify a
RAID1 array. I know it allows you to add a disk to a RAID5 array, but don't
know about RAID1. I have never used this tool.

Guy