Moving drives around

Hi,

I currently have a software RAID 5 setup using the master and slaves of each controller port, which I know is bad practice. I have got a new motherboard with built in RAID which gives me enough channels to sort this problem out, and also the ability to build a new much bigger RAID. After I have built the new RAID I want to transfer the contents of the old RAID onto it, then remove the disks of the old RAID and shift the disks of the new RAID around so they all have an IDE channel to themselves. At this stage though I would imagine that the disk names would change - e.g. hdh on the new RAID might become hdb after the old RAID is removed and the drives are moved.

What I wanted to know is if it matters to the RAID what the drives are called - e.g. if the first disk becomes named hdd rather than hda will the RAID have a problem? Does the RAID even care about the linux names for the drives?

Cheers,

Chris

-