Re: SATA chipset recomendations

chris <linux_mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I want to setup a Linux software RAID 1 / Mirror array in the 2.6
> kernel.  I am looking for feedback regarding the best supported SATA
> chipsets.  Do any of these cards stick out as having better driver
> support?  Can you reccommend another card I have not mentioned?
>
> (I am not wanting to spend the big bucks on hardware RAID, so I am not much
> interested the expensive 3Ware or Adaptec cards)
>
> Promise SATA150 TX4 ~ $65
> (I don't really need 4 ports, but, I would not mind having them for future
> use)
>
> Highpoint Rocket 1520 ~ $35

I'm using a Highpoint RocketRAID 1540 without any problems.  There
have been reports on this list from others having strange problems
with Rocket 1540 (no fakeraid) cards.  FWIW, my card is in a slightly
aging Alpha machine, which means that the BIOS on the card is pretty
much ignored.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx