ataraid in 2.6?

Forgive me if this is a faq, but I'm trying to get my high point raid controler working under 2.6. For various reasons (mainly support for my kt400 agp chipset) 2.4 isn't going to work for me.

I've done some looking and grepping through the code, but ataraid is nowhere to be found. The docs I've found regarding the high point controler indicate that I should be enabling ataraid in the same section where ide support is in the kernel config.

http://lists.insecure.org/lists/linux-kernel/2003/Sep/5600.html

This message indicates that 2.6 doesnt have ata-raid (yet) and that the device mapper can be used instead. Is this correct? Is this in any way related to the md driver used for software raid? Would a different card be better supported? Something from 3ware perhaps?

http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg03448.html

This message also points me towards the device mapper. Has/is anyone using a high point 372 under linux 2.6.0-test???

If some kind soul could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. Please cc me as I'm not on the list.

Thanks much.

--
Jason

-