Re: Software Raid Autodetection Problem

Neil,

Thanks for your help.  I seem to have solved the problem, but can only
speculate both as to the problem and the solution.  I updated to kernel
2.4.22, but it still failed to autodetect properly.  I then dumped raidtools2
and went to mdadm as per your suggestion.  I then generated an mdadm.conf
file which I altered to refer to the partitions on the raid consistently by
their devfs names rather than hde2 and hdg2.  I suspect this may have been
the problem.  I am not sufficiently informed as to the boot process to tell
for sure, but suspect that autodetection may have been having problems with
devfs when the config files referred to the old device names.

Whatever the reason, it is now working.

regards,

Darryl

-