Re: does ext3 trample on mkraid superblocks and visa-versa?

I'm still trying to find out if I *must* remove the ext3 journal (tune2fs -O
^has_journal /dev/hdaN) before going through the RAID setup.  I'm guess it
would be trivial to convert back anyway, as I don't see any documentation
stating the mkraid (or resize2fs, or mdadm) doesn't clobber the ext3
journals.  Then again ext3 simple keeps it's journal in a .journal file or a
hidden inode file as opposed the far end block - so the conversion back to
ext2 doesn't seem to be neccessary.

Whew... thanks for the info. I'm learning!  Sounds like some insight from
Stephen Tweedie or Theodore Ts'o is needed.
-eric wood

-