Re: Converting a non-RAID RedHat System to run on Software RAID

I may be wrong but simply 'e'diting the boot menu at boot time doesn't write
back anything to the filesystem.  I edit my boot string all the time to try
out all sorts of kernel arguments like "ide=nodma" and upon the next reboot
that modification is gone.  Until you actually put it in
/boot/grub/grub.conf is won't stick or do an "install" from within grub,
then I can't see why grub is altering your /boot filesystem to get the
mirror out of sync.  Sounds like a bug!
-eric wood

-