raid question

Hello,

I have couple of questions regarding raid routine.

1> When i do mkraid, is there any specific routines in md.c that is
responsible for adding and tracking the device. I have maintain the entries in
/etc/raidtab. When i copy a file into the raid device, is there any specific
routine that track  the  device to write the next block( raid 0  case).

2> Also the routine that  keeps track the amount
of buffer size that can be written to each particular device and the case when
the writing to one disk fails.

3> Also i was  wondering whether the source code of raid tools are availaible
in
linux directory.

It would be great if somebody  can throw some light.

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

-