Performance difference between two raid0 arrays on same drives?

Hi!

I have set two raid0 arrays on two hardrives, using 2x2 partitions. I did a
benchmark of the resulting arrays and one is much slower than the other one.
I used bonnie++ and hdparm for the tests. It showed that /dev/md0 is 30%
slower than /dev/md1.
/dev/md1 is really close to twice the performance of a single drive.
I set the arrays with the same parameters. md0 is built from 2x 5 Gb while md1
is built from 2x2 Gb. The harddrives have the same partition table. md0 is
the closest to the begining of the drives.
The filessystem is Reiserfs on both arrays.
Everything works well, except i am curious about such a difference in
performances, since the arrays share the same hardware.
I am new to linux raid, i do not know if this is normal or weird.
Thanks for any help!

/etc/raidtab:
raiddev /dev/md0
	raid-level 0