Re: Booting a disk (mirrored) in other system

The AIC79xx has a different driver.  You have to add the driver to your
initrd so that you can boot off those drives.

Basically just modify /etc/modules.conf so that your 'scsiadapter' line
has aic79xx instead of aic7xxx, run a mkinitrd and make a new initrd
file (with a different name as to not overwrite your current one).  Then
what I would do would be add another boot line to your grub.conf file
and use the new initrd.  Then when you boot your new box choose the boot
line with the new initrd and you should be fine.

Make sure to make that the default boot image if everything works out.

Good luck,
Andy.