Fwd: Maxtor announcement on its MaxAttach product line

Bye bye..
(Hooray!)

Date: 16 Aug 2002 18:10:35 GMT
From: Maxtor Announcement <vip@maxtorvip.com>
Subject: Maxtor announcement on its MaxAttach product line

Dear _______________

On Thursday afternoon, Maxtor announced that it has discontinued the
manufacturing and sales of its MaxAttach TM branded network attached
storage (NAS) products. Maxtor will continue to support its end-user
customers and channel partners who own MaxAttach products, as well as
current OEM NAS customers, providing hard drives and storage subsystem
solutions.

Maxtor will continue to honor the warranty programs for customers who have
purchased MaxAttach products.  Service contracts that are currently in
place will also be supported for the length of the contract. If you have
additional questions regarding warranty or support issues please contact
Maxtor directly at 1-866-MAX-TACH.

Maxtor will better serve our partners by focusing our resources and
building on our core strengths; including developing and production of
best-in-class hard disk drives designed specifically for storage systems
solutions.  We will continue to deliver to our partners a broad line of
consumer, desktop and enterprise hard disk drives. As one of the world s
leading suppliers of information storage solutions, Maxtor is committed to
assisting our channel partners through this transition and appreciate your
continued support.

For further information regarding the announcement, please review the press
release found on www.Maxtor.com .

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD

-