3Ware utilities

I posted a while back asking if anyone knew of work being done to support
disk hot-swap on 3Ware IDE RAID cards.
I received a couple of answers that misunderstood me, stating that is was
supported.
Of course it is supported using their BIOS based RAID, but was not using
Linux software RAID.

I am happy to say that this matter has been successfully addressed by
3ware, in that I have used a beta set of command line utilities with their
cards and software RAID that does indeed work for supporting hot-swap of
disks in a RAID set, and a few other useful things as well.

The people at 3Ware now tell me that these CLI utils are going to be
officially released, in their non-beta version, in the next couple of weeks.
Even better news is that they are releasing them under an Open Source license!

Anyway, my original question was more than amply answered once again by the
people at 3Ware.

Ta!

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD

-