how to start a linear raid, not persistant, no superblock, from my little
test program.

My current plan of attack is to do 3 steps...

#1. do ioctl SET_ARRAY_INFO.  Which fields of mdu_array_info_t should I
fill out before passing it into ioctl?

#2. Add disks with ADD_NEW_DISK... one mdu_disk_info_t per disk for
nr_disks (or raid_disks??) in mdu_array_info_t.

#3. RUN_ARRAY or START_ARRAY ioctl.  I can't figure out which to use.  It
seems that RUN_ARRAY requires a mdu_param_t arg.

Are personality and 'level' the same thing?  Is "linear" mode represented
as 1?

So many variables here... I want to give this a shot, but I also don't
want to trash my system doing something stupid!

One more question... I seem to remember that you can only have something
like 12 or 27 devices per set a while back.  Does this limitation still
stand for non-superblock linear raids?  If so, will I be able to
effectively use more devices by creating multiple raids of 12 devices, and
then making a raid of the raids?

Thanks for your help!
-Jeff

-