Mirror recovery?

Hello all,

	Lost a drive in my box last night - woke up to it locked
completely solid.  So I reset the machine, it started to come back up
and remirror the drives.  I set about trying to figure out why it locked
(the terminal had blanked overnight of course, and wouldn't unblank so
I missed the probable standard failure messages).  Then the box locked
hard again, right as I heard one of my IDE drives make some terrible
noises.

	So I rebooted, and ran the manufacturer's disk test, sure enough
it's headed south.  Once I've got a replacement drive, will I be able to
get the data on my raid partition back?  I don't think I've ever had a
failure happen on a RAID1 array during resync.  Once on RAID5, and that
was a disaster....

Ross Vandegrift
ross@willow.seitz.com
-