Re: Removing a Raid Partition? How-to?

I was playing around with a test system and tried your method with one
drive rather than just zeroing the superblock as Neil Brown suggested. It
might just be something flaky with my scsi drive, but I couldn't fdisk the
thing afterwards, kept getting scsi parity errors when I tried to write a
new partition table.

I tried doing low level formats with the Adaptec controller, no luck.  I
tried scsitools, etc., and eventually had to get Seagate's seatools to do a
low-level format in order to be able to use fdisk again (I also tried
cfdisk, etc.).

Not saying your method wouldn't work for most, but thought I should  note
what happened to me.

Regards,

Jeff

-