RAID1+LVM

I am trying to set up RAID1 (software RAID)+ LVM on SuSE 7.3. We seem to get
both of them working seperatly, but not
both together. When using Yast2 we get some problems with the partition types.
Has anyone set this up? What we would like to know is in what order things
should be set up.
We do get it to work (somewhat) if we set up RAID1 first, and then implement
LVM, though we suspect that the LVM will
"hold" the RAID in that case, meaning a stop of RAID will not be working.

Our first thougts was to set up LVM and then create RAID on the partitions we
want mirrored - could be we are thinking the
wrong way. After setting up RAID1, and then LVM, we get a "device buzy" reply
when trying `raidstop`
Can anyone cast some light on this subject?

Regards
Mikael Sjogren