Re: setting "debug level"

I want to chime in here in agreement with Marcel. I don't have a dmesg
on any of my raid machines because of the raid startup messages. If
these could be sent to another facility that would help immensely, or
just the ability to turn down the verbosity... here is an example of
just one of the messages that get sent on the console. Since I have 4
separate md devices, this happens four times, which is a lot of data:

sdb7's event counter: 0000006a
sda7's event counter: 0000006a
md3: max total readahead window set to 128k
md3: 1 data-disks, max readahead per data-disk: 128k
raid1: device sdb7 operational as mirror 1
raid1: device sda7 operational as mirror 0
(checking disk 0)
(really checking disk 0)
(checking disk 1)
(really checking disk 1)
(checking disk 2)
(checking disk 3)
(checking disk 4)
(checking disk 5)
(checking disk 6)
(checking disk 7)
(checking disk 8)
(checking disk 9)
(checking disk 10)
(checking disk 11)
raid1: raid set md3 active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
md: updating md3 RAID superblock on device
sdb7 [events: 0000006b](write) sdb7's sb offset: 2441088
sda7 [events: 0000006b](write) sda7's sb offset: 2441088
.
considering sdb6 ...
  adding sdb6 ...
  adding sda6 ...