Re: help needed with mdctl

Neil Brown (neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au) wrote on 25 February 2002 21:34:
 >You seem to have bits all over the place, so a simple wild card like
 >"/dev/sd?2" wont cut it.

I know the partitions, the kernel lists them in the log I sent.

 >Try putting
 >
 >   DEVICE /dev/sd*
 >or maybe
 >   DEVICE /dev/scsi/host?/bus?/target?/lun0/part?
 >
 >into /etc/mdctl.conf
 >along with
 >
 >   ARRAY /dev/md2 super_minor=2
 >
 >and then run
 > mdctl -v -Asf /dev/md2

It aborts with

mdctl: unrecognised word on ARRAY line: super_minor=2
mdctl: ARRAY line /dev/md2 has no identity information.
mdctl: /dev/md2 not identified in config file.

I put the ? in the file...

 >This should scan all partitions of all scsi devices looking for super
 >blocks which say that they belong to /dev/md2.  It should then try to
 >assemble them, re-writing the superblocks if necessary.

Is there a syntax where we can specify the partitions, and it
discovers the order by itself???

 >> Is it possible to build a raidtab and user mkraid --really-force even
 >> with one faulty drive? It's easy to discover the partitions, but what
 >> about the order of the disks?

Does this really mean that I can reconstruct the superblocks with
mkraid --really-force?? If so, mdctl should probably be able to do it also.
-