From: Neil Brown [mailto:neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au]
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 5:41 AM
To: Rechenberg, Andrew
Cc: 'linux-raid@vger.kernel.org'; Banasik, Bob;
'arechenberg@cinshrcub01.shermfin.com'
Subject: Re: RAID1 array not actively mirroring

On Friday February 15, arechenberg@shermfin.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a bit of a problem with my RAID1 mirror set.  The RAID1 set is not
> actively mirroring for some reason.

This is all extremely wierd.... so there must be some critical piece
of information that is missing.... I wonder what it is.

You do still have "/dev/md1" mounted, rather than "/dev/md0", don't
you?

Have you tried rebooting, or is this impractical?

The procedure that you describe sounds like it should work fine.

Out of curiosity, what filesystem are you using? Do you need to fsck
the /dev/sdb1 filesystem before mounting?

NeilBrown
-