Libpulse question C++

I wrote a little piece of code, a plugin, to read the peaks from a stream and send that information to a LED controller, using C++ and libpulse, so far so good, it works like charm and my program run perfectly (check a demo https://youtu.be/l4lzksatgVA)

The problem I having is that my program is actually a daemon, and If I run it at boot as a service (as root), even when I drop the privileges, the program have no output.

The program is a plugin, it loads on demand, is a single instance (one read to satisfy everyone) and works fine if running as the user.

I really don't understand why this is happening, and I tried many things with no luck, so here I am.

My idea is that the program just work, without having to change anything on the pulseaudio side, maybe adding some setting here or there is OK, I read people running it system wide to solve this, but that is not a good idea and is overkill.

if you want to see the source code, here: https://github.com/meduzapat/LEDSpicer/blob/development/src/animations/PulseAudio.cpp

Thank you and I will really appreciate any help and suggestions.