Re: Changing Volume on Streams ( not Sinks )

Answering my own question, it seems that a Stream ( from the client API perspective ) creates a new Sink Input under the covers. Each Stream ends up with a unique Sink, which combine further down the line.

The ID of that Sink Input can be grabbed with pa_stream_get_index, after it is up and running ( probably valid right after the stream connect callback ), and that index can be used to set volume.

Whew, I think this has saved me a ton of work, although the amount of time spent finding the solution was kinda high :-) Hopefully this thread helps someone else in the same situation.

Regards

-brian