Re: new module module-plugin-sink

On 03.05.19 08:57, Georg Chini wrote:
On 03.05.19 06:56, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
пт, 3 мая 2019 г. в 09:31, Georg Chini <georg@xxxxxxxx>:
On 03.05.19 02:22, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
чт, 2 мая 2019 г. в 23:45, Georg Chini <georg@xxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I created a new module-plugin-sink and a small amplifier demo plugin
based on the attached header file. I did not (yet) drop max_latency,
disable_rewind and rewind_filter() because I am still waiting for more
feedback on the specification. I made it however more clear (using
Alexander's wording) that this should only be used if "real" rewinding
is possible.

If you think channel layout and playback device should be
in the interface, I can integrate it, but using parameters looks
easier to me because this way we need no additional notification
functions.

The channel maps do not change on the fly, so we can pass them in at
filter creation time as arguments to the create_filter() function.
Then we can have a set_port() function, which - if provided - will be called
by module-plugin-sink when the port of the master sink changes. I will integrate
that in the next version.