Re: HSP and HFP profiles for hands-free telephony

On 22.03.19 05:33, Mohammed Sha wrote:

Hi All,

I am attempting to implement hands-free telephony on my board, I successfully connected my android phone to the board via bluetooth module in phone and media audio sharing mode.

You should consider using ofono to connect your phone to the PC. It has all the
telephony functions you need and it works well together with PA. See here
for a short introduction:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Bluetooth/

I was able to play media files via bluetooth by this. But when a call connected the bluetooth speaker works properly, i.e. I can hear what is said on the Mobile Phone, but audio is not transmitted from Board to Mobile Phone is not heard ( I guess there is some error in getting the data from mic or in transmitting data from bluetooth device). I get the following log message keeps appearing many times as soon as a call is initiated

"***Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle 0***

***Bluetooth: hci0 sending frame failed (-27)***

***Bluetooth: hci0 sending frame failed (-27)***"

This looks like an error from the bluetooth stack, probably pulseaudio
cannot correct it. I experienced problems with some Bluetooth dongles,
have you tried another one?

The microphone on the phone is also not functioning(after bluetooth connection is established). Also in *hciconfig -a* it is found as follows

hci0:   Type: Primary  Bus: USB
    BD Address: 00:0E:8E:76:00:55  ACL MTU: 1024:8  SCO MTU: 50:8
    UP RUNNING PSCAN
    RX bytes:810924 acl:982 sco:18885 events:670 errors:0
    **TX bytes:528349 acl:530 sco:10271 commands:108 errors:111**
    Features: 0xff 0xfe 0x8f 0xfe 0xd8 0x3f 0x5b 0x87
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF
    Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
    Name: mydevice
    Class: 0x2c041c
    Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing, Audio
    Device Class: Audio/Video, Portable Audio
    HCI Version: 4.2 (0x8)  Revision: 0x0
    LMP Version: 4.2 (0x8)  Subversion: 0x25a
    Manufacturer: Qualcomm

How can I solve this and implement proper hands-free telephony?

The Bluetooth device is connected via USB interface, Below is the device package configuration,
pulseaudio --version

pulseaudio 11.1
 bluetoothctl --version
bluetoothctl: 5.49

ofonod --version
1.22

The steps I followed to setup connection are as follows

    $ hciconfig hci0 up
    $ pactl list sources short
    $ pactl list sinks short
    $ bluetoothctl