Matrix creator one - using the alsa virtual device as an input

I'm needing help to configure pulse audio to read from the mic array
on the Matrix Creator One,

The following are the lists of devices, what creates the devices in
/tmp here is the source that does it

https://github.com/matrix-io/matrix-creator-malos/blob/1a09b776c5c762093a42b286457f06823ec46d78/src/driver_micarray_alsa.cpp
[1]

Essentially I can't get the mic_channel0-8 to input into Pulse Audio.
Input 8 is a combined microphone input with beam forming done on the
FPGA chip.

	PI at MATRIXRPI3
:
~ $
 arecord -l

	**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****

	card 1: Dummy [Dummy], device 0: Dummy PCM [Dummy PCM]

	  Subdevices: 7/8

	  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

	  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

	  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

	  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

	  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4

	  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

	  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6

	  Subdevice #7: subdevice #7

	PI at MATRIXRPI3
:
~ $
 arecord -L

	null

	    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples
(capture)

	sc

	mic_channel0

	mic_channel1

	mic_channel2

	mic_channel3

	mic_channel4

	mic_channel5

	mic_channel6

	mic_channel7

	mic_channel8

	default

	    Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server

	snooped_digital

	sysdefault:CARD=Dummy

	    Dummy, Dummy PCM

	    Default Audio Device

	dmix:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0

	    Dummy, Dummy PCM

	    Direct sample mixing device

	dsnoop:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0

	    Dummy, Dummy PCM

	    Direct sample snooping device

	hw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0

	    Dummy, Dummy PCM

	    Direct hardware device without any conversions

	plughw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0

	    Dummy, Dummy PCM

	    Hardware device with all software conversions

	PI at MATRIXRPI3
:
~ $

Links: