USB headset Steelseries Arctis troubleshooting

I'm trying to get my head around the profile concept in pulse.

I made an udev row pointing at the following mapping:

/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/steelseries-arctis-usb-audio.conf

[Mapping analog-mono]
description = Analog Mono Headphone
device-strings = hw:%f,0,0
channel-map = mono
direction = output

[Mapping analog-stereo]
description = Analog Stereo Headphone
device-strings = hw:%f,1,0
channel-map = left,right
direction = output

[Mapping analog-input-headset-mic]
description = Headset Microphone
device-strings = hw:%f,0,0
channel-map = mono
direction = input

If I set "auto-profiles = yes" I get a bunch of profiles that are
listed in Gnome sound settings both in Output and Input. Selecting an
Output profile in the Input dialog and the other way around makes
things very messy and the device is turned off and has to be selected
again in pavucontrol configuration.

When instead disabling auto-profiles and creating the following
profiles in the file, it looks correct in Output (stereo and mono
device listed), but in Input also Stereo output and Mono output is
listed besides the mic input (which makes things messy again if they
are selected).

[Profile output:analog-mono]
description = Analog mono output
output-mappings = analog-mono
priority = 60
skip-probe = yes

[Profile output:analog-stereo]
description = Analog stereo output
output-mappings = analog-stereo
priority = 65
skip-probe = yes

[Profile output:analog-mono+input:analog-input-headset-mic]
description = Analog mono output + Analog mono input
output-mappings = analog-mono
input-mappings = analog-input-headset-mic
priority = 75
skip-probe = yes

[Profile output:analog-stereo+input:analog-input-headset-mic]
description = Analog stereo output + Analog mono input
output-mappings = analog-stereo
input-mappings = analog-input-headset-mic
priority = 80
skip-probe = yes

I have no idea how the priority works, btw. And I'm completely missing
the point of the separate paths files (are they used with
auto-profiles?).

So the real question is, how can I prevent any other profiles from
being listed under Input in Gnome sound settings?

--
Johan Heikkilä
<johan.heikkila at gmail.com>