Network dropout only at beginning of song

Hello,
I have network sound streaming set up using pulseaudio. Both machines
run on up to date Arch (pulseaudio 9.0) and are connected with gigabyte
ethernet.

Streaming works perfectly, no stuttering, no drop outs.

Except at the beginning of every song, there are a couple of short drop
outs within the first 5 seconds approx. Pausing / resuming / seeking
within a song does not show that effect.

I've experienced this behaviour using Amarok as well as VLC.

Any idea what can be the cause? Or any idea for relief?

Thanks!

Florian