module-bluetooth-policy : How to use auto switch profile?

On Friday 02 September 2016 09:57:40 Greg wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I'm using a BT headset with a microphone.
>
> I'm using A2DP profile to listen music and HSP when using a softphone
> (Jitsi).
> Today, I have a key shortcut that toggle the profile when I'm receiving a
> call (pacmd set-card-profile bluez_card.0C_E0_E4_8D_15_50
> headset_head_unit).
>
> This a manual intervention, and from what i understand, there seems to be a
> way to do it automatically with module-blutetooth-policy?

Yes, new patch for module-bluetooth-policy [1] can do that. But IIRC it
is only in git, not in some released PA version.

Once some application create recording stream with media.role=phone then
that policy module automatically switch to HSP and after stream is
destroyed it switch back to A2DP.

But it is still not complete, I need to finish it. Currently I tested it
only for bluez4.

[1] - https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=bde2ff8794a9363b1f7f2c683b160268ce371770

--
Pali Rohár