How to prevent startup of PulseAudio in Solaris v11?

On Thu, 2016-10-13 at 11:12 +0200, Ben Stover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have difficulaties to shutdown my Solarsi v11 system. Alays a popup
> appears that PulseAudio cannot be terminated.
>
> I don't need Audio on Solaris at all.
>
> So how can I prevent the start of PulseAudio on Solaris?
>
> How can I prevent the popup warning at shutdown?
>
> Is there a driver-uninstall command?
>
> Sorry I have got the Solaris installation from a former colleage who
> seems to installed it. Maybe it was already part of the Solaris
> installation.

I'm not familiar with Solaris. If uninstalling pulseaudio is
troublesome, you can try putting "autospawn = no" to
/etc/pulse/client.conf. If that doesn't help, I'd try removing
/etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop. If that doesn't help either,
Solaris is using some less common mechanism for starting pulseaudio.
Maybe it's run as a system service.

If everything else fails, it's of course possible to use this crude
tool to make pulseaudio unexecutable (as root):

chmod a-x /usr/bin/pulseaudio

--
Tanu