Who uses a bluetooth headphone/headset with PA?

On 03/03/2014 04:18 PM, Malte Gell wrote:
> Since every try to use a bt headphone with pulseaudio fails on my
> system, I would like to know, who uses a bluetooth headphone/headset
> successfully with pulseaudio?
>
> If you successfully use a bt headphone/headset with pulseaudio, what
> kernel version, what pulseaudio version and what ALSA version do you
> use? And what bt headphone/-set do you use?
>
> I would like to learn about the setup people have who successfully use a
> bt headphone.
>
> Thanks
> Malte

I use a Motorola S305 headset and a Motorola DC800 audio gateway (connects to a
Stereo across the room with wireless Bluetooth).  I run KDE in a Debian testing
system.

I have the following versions:

kernel 3.12.0

IOgear CBU421 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter

bluedevil                                      1.3.1-1
bluez                                          4.101-4
pulseaudio                                     4.0-6+b1
alsa-base                                      1.0.25+3

The setup works OK mostly.  I have to restart the Bluetooth daemon every morning
because the connection is lost over night for some reason.  The pulse audio
setup is mostly default as I remember.  It just works.  Pulse is the only way I
have found to use Bluetooth with all software without much hassle.  Just a
setting in the pavucontrol to route the audio to the Bluetooth device the first
time a program is run.  Pulse then remembers where to send the audio the next
time.  KDE has a tray icon where you setup the the pairing for the Bluetooth
devices.  Since I never turn the DC800 off I have to use the KDE tray program to
reconnect after I restart the Bluetooth daemon.

...Bob