'Failed to find a working profile' for firewire sound devices

David,

 > Hmm, Alexander is probably correct. Then maybe it would be better to
> fill with aux channels instead, e g, for 10 channels, change:
>

> channel-map =
> front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe,side-left,side-right,aux0,aux1
>
> to:
>
> channel-map = front-left,front-right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7

Yes. It works what I expected. Any PCM samples are not delivered to the
'aux*' channels.

But considering about Alexander's comment, it may be better that PCM
samples are delivered to all of channels. Are there any differences
between profiles with 'aux' and without 'aux'?

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp