Bluetooth devices no longer detected after upgrade from 2.0 to 4.0

Hi Mikel,

On 24.06.2013 11:22, Mikel Astiz wrote:
> This seems a successful connection of HSP/HFP. The module is however
> not loaded because the overall connection procedure (org.bluez.Audio)
> is still ongoing, and therefore the load of the module is postponed.
>> D: [lt-pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: dbus:
>> interface=org.bluez.MediaEndpoint, path=/MediaEndpoint/HFPAG,
>> member=SetConfiguration
>> D: [lt-pulseaudio] module-console-kit.c: dbus:
>> interface=org.bluez.MediaEndpoint, path=/MediaEndpoint/HFPAG,
>> member=SetConfiguration
>> D: [lt-pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: dbus: path=/MediaEndpoint/HFPAG,
>> interface=org.bluez.MediaEndpoint, member=SetConfiguration
>> E: [lt-pulseaudio] bluetooth-util.c: Cannot configure transport
>> /org/bluez/7417/hci1/dev_00_19_7F_41_DB_2E/fd41 because profile 2 is already
>> used
> You hit the first issue here. It looks to me that BlueZ is starting
> the connection procedure twice, for the same profile, using a
> different transport.
>
> This looks like a bug in BlueZ. Any chance you can upgrade to 4.101?
>
> I've had a look at the commits between 4.99 and 4.101 and there seem
> to be a bunch of fixes which could be related to this issue.

Thanks a lot. You were right here. Upgrading to bluez 4.101 solved this
problem. But now I have another one:

For pulseaudio 2 I wrote a python application which is basically a more
comfortable version of module-bluetooth-policy. It makes it easy to use
your mobile from your desktop. It lets you direct the sound to a sound card
of your choice (which may be different for a2dpsource and HFP gateway),
change it on the fly and switch echo cancellation on and off. With the help
of ofono you can also accept calls or make calls from your desktop.

When I started programming I inserted loopback modules each time the mobile
changed state to "playing" and unloaded them when the phone went back to
"connected".
(In pulseaudio 2 the profile was then set to "off", so source and sink
were no longer
available)
Later on I decided to keep the modules around and just move them to the
right
source/sink when needed and move them to the default sound card and mute
them when not in use.

The problem is that this does no longer work. Pavucontrol still shows
the correct
sink/source but I do not get any sound when the modules are reused. It
seems to be
a problem of resampling, the modules start to behave strangely as soon
as sink and
source are moved the first time.
In the debug output I get endless repetition of:

[alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Could not peek into queue
[alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to
end of underrun.
[alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to
end of underrun.
[alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to
end of underrun.
[alsa-sink-VT1828S Analog] module-loopback.c: Requesting rewind due to
end of underrun.

The initial approach of using fresh modules each time the phone goes to
"playing" still
works fine.

Any ideas what might cause this? Again any help or hint is welcome.

Regards
              Georg