Pulse Audio 3.0 Audio Quality Poor with Asterisk

Hi All,

I am running Pulse Audio 3.0 with ALSA 1.0.25 underneath and audio quality
sounds fine for content played via Totem.  However, when I play audio via
Asterisk it sounds horrible (motor boating).  If I disable Pulse Audio 3.0
so that ALSA is being utilized directly Asterisk audio quality is perfect.
What is up with this?  Has this been anyone else's experience with Asterisk
and Pulse Audio?  Help me as I am pulling my hair out!  ;-)

Best Regards,

Rob

--
Rob Krakora