Playing audion on TV through HDMI cable with mplayer

2013/12/16 James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com>:
>> >     load-module module-alsa-sink device=hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
>> So use it with mplayer -ao pulse
>
> How?  If I play the file with 'mplayer FILE.avi -ao pulse' then no sound.

Maybe mplayer in CentOS has been compiled without pulseaudio support.
In this case, please use mplayer -ao alsa:device=default

>> >     mplayer FILE.avi -ao alsa:device=hw=1.7
>> This tells mplayer to go through ALSA directly.
>> Please don't do that, as it will disable pulseaudio from
>> accessing the card. Pulseaudio will then redirect all its
>
> But, it's the only thing that works.  How?

Maybe because you have not tried device=default?

And if it does not work, then please get a supported-here distribution. Really.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov