Pause a audio stream

> Hi,
>

> I have been trying to look into pulse audio to find if it is possible
only to cork a stream (No priority handling).

> My requirement is
>

> 1)      I have a routing policy manager which would like to cork/pause a
stream. No priority is involved in this usecase. Is it this possible with
Pulse Audio.

> 2)      I had looked at module-role-cork but it looks it implements both
cork and uncorking. But is it possible to have separate C API?s, one to
cork/pause and one to uncork/unpause..

> I have tried to look at protocol-native.c and found a function named
?command-cork-playback-stream?. Can you briefly tell what?s the use of this
function ?

> I understand that it will be finally that the application that has to
implement the pause.  Does this function ?command-cork-playback-stream?
communicate to the above media player application like ?module-role-cork? ??