Resampling impreovements for GSOC'13

Hello,
    My name is Dinesh. I am interested to work on "Resampling Improvements"
for GSOC'13. I am an Electronics undergraduate from College Of Engineering,
Guindy. I worked as a Research intern at Integrated Systems Laboratory
where I had exposure to real time DSP applications. I have been accepted to
Master's program in Computer Engineering at University of Wisconsin-Madison
for Fall'13. For past 2 years I have been working as software Engineer at
Cluster Wireless , where I worked on developing network applications in ARM
architecture.

I am very excited to work on Resampling projects and contribute to it. I
would like to list some of my ideas regarding that project.
1. From the ideas page, i inferred that I have to refactor the present code
to use libavresample instead of current ffmpeg.
2. I also found that, speex is obsolete and research whether new opus-tools
is better than speex in resampling . If so, refactor the code to use the
opus-tools.
3. Pass the resampling test cases in new environment.
In addition to this, I would like to propose a new idea.
3. Changing the resampling algorithm dynamically based on the scenario.

I am open to any suggestions and discussions.

Regards,
Dinesh