PulseAudio Mini-Conference: Call for topics

Hiya,

'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 31/10/12 11:17 did gyre and gimble:
> I'm trying to refit the schedule with the topics from you and Arun, but
> I'm wondering if you could elaborate a little on the ones below I've
> marked "new", and if possible an estimation of how much time it would
> need? Thanks!

As mentioned on my mail earlier, please don't go out your way to fit in
these issues (especially as I brought them to the table so late!).

Most of them are very quickly discussed/decided so could be kept to an
"Any other business" section if needed.

>>   * Unified ALSA config xdistro
> New

Yup. It seems the different distros have different approaches here.
Automatic, semi-automatic etc. It would be nice to have a common
approach here (I suspect I may lose my personal preference here, but I'd
rather go with consistency across distros than fight too hard for my own
preference!)

Maybe up to 10mins.

>>   * Base Volume options
> New

Quite a minor "decision" I think. It was actually something I'd thought
about and discussed pre 2.0 but was far too close to the deadline to
push it in. It's just about how to handle the presentation and inclusion
of "base volumes" generally. Shouldn't take more than 10 mins.

>>   * Flash (specifically Recording)
> New

Nothing much here time wise, just a general question to see if any of us
has any leverage with Flash developers to get them to fix their long
standing bug that makes it impossible to record anything via PulseAudio
in latest versions of Flash (I'm pretty sure the bug is still valid - I
tested it about a month ago and it was still a problem).

>> Trivial:
>>   * Remove HAL?, Planning for a major bump?
> New

>>   * Disable esound by default
> New

Again, both these are just pretty simple decisions to tick off with a
vote. Shouldn't take longer than 5 mins for both.

See you soon (currently in a rooftop apartment in  Christianshavn,
downtown Copenhagen!!)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie