How to modify (source) port priorities?

Hi Raymond, David.

On 11/07/2012 09:32 PM, Raymond Yau wrote:
> available state of mic jack should be yes after the mic is plugged

Agreed, but on this model it feels like there's a mix-up between both
mics: "Internal Microphone" is basically unusable and full of noise
(like an unplugged non-internal microphone), and "Microphone" works fine
as if always plugged (like an internal microphone), though pulse reports
the contrary.

>> System info: Dell XPS1635, under Ubuntu 12.10 x64 / pulseaudio 2.1.
> are your model xps1645 ? post the output of alsa-info.sh

Yes! I mistyped it, sorry. Here is my alsa-info.sh, feel free to ask for
more info: http://hastebin.com/kaleqeqibo.vhdl

---

On 11/07/2012 06:42 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
>> However, even though the priorities look fine, the behavior at
>> startup is still the same: "Internal Microphone" is still preferred
>> to "Microphone". --> Could it be due to the fact that "Microphone"
>> is flagged "available: no"?
>
> This means that you have not plugged your microphone in. If it's
> still available: no when your mic is plugged in, it is very likely an
> ALSA bug. module-switch-on-port-available is the module that switches
> away from unavailable ports.

Okay, following up with Raymond Yau, who asks me my alsa-info.sh

>> --> If yes, how can I work around this? If no, any other idea? Any
>> solution putting "Microphone" first will do, I don't care the
>> least about "Internal Microphone".
>
> In the same files you just edited, you can also comment out the
> "Jack" sections to stop PulseAudio from picking up any detection.

Commenting didn't work, but I added 'state.plugged = yes' and
'state.unplugged = yes' to the [Jack Mic] section for the input I want.
Now it is always detected as plugged and the priority thing works :)
Thanks!

--
Ronan Jouchet