arecord from monitor and sink

Well since I learned a lot about combining and routing in pulseaudio,
the way I would configure it is this:

You want to create one virtual sink (null sink) which receives both
local audio and microphone data, you want a separate one because
otherwise you hear yourself.

First have the new sink using module-null-sink. Then connect the
microphone to it using module-loopback and lastly join the virtual and
real sound card using module-combine-sink. And you should direct the
audio output of the application to the combined sink.

Information about all the modules:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules

Daniel