Pulse Audio, JACK and Google Talk

I have noticed that module-jackdbus-detect requires jackd2.  I am currently
using jackd1.  I have tried jackd2 but cannot get it to start; I spent a
lot of time previously trying to get jackd2 to run but always I get:

 11:04:21.336 Startup script...

11:04:21.337 artsshell -q terminate

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory

Cannot connect to server socket

jack server is not running or cannot be started

sh: artsshell: not found

11:04:21.738 Startup script terminated with exit status=32512.

11:04:21.739 JACK is starting...

11:04:21.739 /usr/bin/jackd -r -p128 -m -dalsa -dhw:ICH6 -r44100 -p256 -n7
-s -S -i2 -o2

11:04:21.755 JACK was started with PID=4997.

no message buffer overruns

no message buffer overruns

unknown option character

11:04:21.818 JACK was stopped with exit status=255.

11:04:21.819 Post-shutdown script...

11:04:21.819 killall jackd

]

[ --temporary OR -T ]

[ --version OR -V ]

-d master-backend-name [ ... master-backend args ... ]

Available master backends may include: alsa, dummy, freebob, firewire or net

jackdmp -d master-backend-name --help

to display options for each master backend

11:04:21.834 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
operation failed. - Unable to connect to server. Please check the messages
window for more info.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory

Cannot connect to server socket

jack server is not running or cannot be started

jackd: no process found

11:04:22.227 Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256.