Relationship between Sink and Source ports

Hi,
I have a problem on panda board. I will describe it in small example.
There are audio devices headset(inout) and speaker(out) and
microphone(in), all of their pcm are hw:0,0. So we get the info in PA:
1 sink with two ports : headset and speaker
1 source with two ports: headset and microphone
In PA, we could set port of sink and source separately, so we got
[headset,headset], [headset,microphone], [speaker, headset] and
[speaker, microphone] pairs. But actually only [headset,headset] and
[speaker, microphone] is possible in mixer path. I can't find how
could PA handle with such issues.
My current idea is to put [headset,headset], [speaker, microphone]
into different profiles, so no conflicts occur. Any other means?
Comments?

--
Wei.Feng (irc wei_feng)
Linaro Multimedia Team