PA works on Firefox/flash, doesn't work on mplayer/vlc

Actually PA doesn't work on Firefox/flash either, only on default
profile, with the internal speakers of my notebook. When I switch the
profile using pavucontrol to the HDMI sink, flash stops working
(youtube videos stop loading after 4 seconds) and then it hangs for
half a minute.

I had this working perfectly previously, don't know what happened...