[RFC] Dynamic reconfiguration of sampling rate

>> I'll do more testing later today. I could see some issues with
>> networking or interfaces like S/PDIF or HDMI, where the receiver needs
>> to relock. But for local playback we should be fine. You will still
>
> Not always - anything which doesn't bias the outputs to zero volts (and
> even some things that do) is likely to have some pop/click or delay
> issues on powerup. ?Newer hardware will generally do better here but not
> everyone uses the latest shiny.

Agree. I guess if we keep this configurable, the users can decide if
they want to reduce CPU usage/power consumption at the possible
expense of added delays and potential click/pops on the transitions.
It will really depend on usage, hardware support and preferences.